1. Taking a long lunch with my dad on Monday. It’s rare that we both have free lunch hours so we took about 90 minutes to chat work, to discuss my after grad school plans, and my upcoming birthday.
2. An amazing run on Tuesday night in between Glee and Parenthood. No idea if it was because I didn’t want to miss a moment of Parenthood or what, but I had the best time. Running under the glow of a nearly full moon is also quite calming; I felt like the road was all mine.
3. Staring a “Creative Journaling,” class at my library. We only meet once a month but the teacher is incredibly enthusiastic: she brought treats, “bling” to decorate our journals with, and has guest speakers lined up. The class consists of a few people my gram’s age, a young kid who is maybe 12, and a few mother/daughter combos like Darling and me. I also found out this lady runs a knitting group that I might try as well; they teach people who don’t know how to knit too!
4. I’m going to visit my brother this weekend. He can’t make it home for my birthday so he invited me to my college town for a weekend of movies, fun, tailgating, and whatever other trouble we get into.
5. Having a good sales week at work; I’m not 100% in the sales department but I dabble and I did pretty well this week. It’s kind of fun/exciting.
6. Only 3 weeks of school left, and of those three, I’ll only be busy with school work for two of them.
7. Figuring out/firming up my New Year’s Eve plans… in California!
What small things made you happy this week? Anything in particular you are looking forward to this weekend?